Friday 19 February 2010

"True Color" Infrared

In Infrared photography the Hoya R72 (and other filters that cut around 720) is known as "False Color"IR filters. Those filters along with the IR light letting some red light trough as well. Then a little Photoshop (or any other software :P) and you have blue skies and all the goodies.

But based on the experience I shared in my last post I had the idea to use the ND8 filter(s) for IR photography...

Well I love the results :) Even though the weather wasn't the best and -oh well- the trees don't have too many leafs which will make IR photography a bit better, but I still got a couple good results.

Here is the 3 shots I found worthy for sharing. Postprocess is only setting the white balance and a little play with levels.

No comments:

Post a Comment